Thursday, April 14, 2016

Trombone



Throwback to fourth grade and beyond: Adding some 11th hour trombone to the record. You know who gets the awesomeness award? Mom & Dad. They were young parents in grad school living 1000 miles from home in a huge, expensive city, yet they still bought me my very own used trombone – a trombone that would be my conduit to friendships across the USA from fourth grade all the way up through college. No matter where we moved, there was always symphonic band, jazz band, or marching band. And yesterday, I got to play trombone on our record. One fat, round, low note. My favorite kind. Thanks Marcella and Greg Hankins. They should have given you a Heisman-sized trophy when you won the “Best Parents” award in the Blue Tornado yearbook!

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's so nice of you to take an interest in my blog! Thank you for considering making a comment. I will try to get your comment on my blog ASAP. Thanks for your patience as I moderate it and make sure that it's not spam. Wishing you a wonderful day. Jeni