Monday, April 25, 2016

Merlefest 2016


In 2003, I went to Merlefest with my Dad and heard a single song, The Bottomland, written by Cindy Castevens and performed by Polecat Creek, which showed me how I could bring all of my loves together – writing, singing, playing instruments, performing, storytelling, and art-making. Six years ago, we played MerleFest for the first time. This coming weekend, we play there again! Come hear stories, harmonies, strings, and songs, and dream with us. It's going to be a big time!

If you'd like to hear the song that showed me the way forward, here you go: https://soundcloud.com/laurelyndossett/the-bottomland-by-cindy

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's so nice of you to take an interest in my blog! Thank you for considering making a comment. I will try to get your comment on my blog ASAP. Thanks for your patience as I moderate it and make sure that it's not spam. Wishing you a wonderful day. Jeni