Monday, January 11, 2016

Bowie



When I was a kid, I spent a lot of time staring at the cover of Aladdin Sane. I loved looking at these time capsules left behind by the world my parents called "before you were born." The time I spent with David Bowie was time very well spent. My "Never Let Me Down" tape won't play anymore which is evidence of a friendship well worn.

My poetry mentor always said let other artists be your teachers. David Bowie showed up to school in a plastic suit and platform shoes. Thank you for staring back at me, Ziggy Stardust, for scaring the bejeesus out of me as Jareth in Labyrinth, for letting me back you up in my pajamas with my hairbrush microphone on "Day-In, Day-Out," and for being one of those supreme teachers of theatrical musical arts and glitter. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's so nice of you to take an interest in my blog! Thank you for considering making a comment. I will try to get your comment on my blog ASAP. Thanks for your patience as I moderate it and make sure that it's not spam. Wishing you a wonderful day. Jeni