Friday, January 15, 2016

Alan Rickman

You said you'd cut our hearts out with a spoon, and, today, you did. Goodbye, Alan Rickman. I saw you twice in real life in NYC, just being a regular ole citizen of the planet. You were in the lobby at a performance of the Blue Man Group and then, again, at a performance of Japanese Noh at BAM. I've always thought it curious that in the plays we saw in common, the players were covered in paint - blue and then white. I'm not sure what that signifies, but both times I felt giddy. I hope you're taking in a show of painted players right now, perhaps the color of starlight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's so nice of you to take an interest in my blog! Thank you for considering making a comment. I will try to get your comment on my blog ASAP. Thanks for your patience as I moderate it and make sure that it's not spam. Wishing you a wonderful day. Jeni