Friday, June 19, 2015

Patchwork on the M6


Report from a very congested M6 south of Birmingham: Doing a bit of patchwork paper piecing in the passenger seat while on our way down to Cornwall. Kip Tickityboo Ticking is helping our by holding pins (thank you Susan for the sweet birthday present).

Our bellies are full thanks to the feast that Jill packed for us this morning. Our hearts are full of a special gift we carry in the boot of our car....which we are anxious to get out and strum again! Oh, Jill!

And we are feeling stunned by Peggy Seeger's new record which is without a doubt a masterpiece. If I had a lot of money, I would buy a copy for every one of our friends. Really. It's not that we just saw her be marvelous on stage. We are very picky about CDs. And "When Fairy Stories Never End" is one of the most poignant and powerful songs about celebrity I've ever heard. This one is truly worth owning: http://www.peggyseeger.com/listen-buy/everything-changes/everything-changes

Roll on Corwall!

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's so nice of you to take an interest in my blog! Thank you for considering making a comment. I will try to get your comment on my blog ASAP. Thanks for your patience as I moderate it and make sure that it's not spam. Wishing you a wonderful day. Jeni