Sunday, October 12, 2014

Clouds & Rothko





Report from Rothko Chapel in the Montrose neighborhood of Houston, Texas: When I was a kid, my parents took me to see a Contemporary Art exhibit in Boston (thanks Marcella & Greg). My favorite work was a Mark Rothko painting. The pulsing, mutable canvas reminded me of clouds and how I could dream up stories in their movements. In the last 24 hours I posted clouds and so did Rosemary, Em Dee, and Alison. Clouds are telling us something. 
Rothko Chapel is a place of meditation and Billy and I have wanted to experience being there for so many years. But since we don't live in Houston, I'm glad we have clouds. They are a Rothko painting we can carry with us. Here's to looking up and out, with love.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's so nice of you to take an interest in my blog! Thank you for considering making a comment. I will try to get your comment on my blog ASAP. Thanks for your patience as I moderate it and make sure that it's not spam. Wishing you a wonderful day. Jeni